Wearing the ANZAC Appeal Mark is a privilege once limited to the elite players of the game.
However, RSL Victoria believes that community football teams should also have the opportunity to wear this unique and special logo, so that community football clubs and players at all levels can pay respect to the men and women who have served in the Australian Defence Force.
As a result, RSL, TLA and Puma are working together to supply 100 selected Community Football Clubs (2,500 jumpers) across Victoria with playing strips featuring the ANZAC Appeal Mark, in a unique collaboration geared around ensuring the ANZAC legacy continues to be commemorated at a community level, and become a source of revenue raising for the crucial support that the RSL provides for current and former serving members of the Australian Defence Force, and their families, in times of need.
Each club within the program is closely aligned with an RSL Sub-Branch, with the focus on those clubs partnered with the smaller RSL clubs who rely on the generosity of their local community to continue their invaluable work.
To bring this program to life, the garments will be designed to be worn during the ANZAC Appeal round in late April featuring this unique mark in partnership with the Partner brand. It is intended that following the game, the selling or auctioning of the jumpers will raise funds for the Community Football Club and also the local RSL Sub-Branch. For the first time in 2019, RSL Victoria is offering a third party brand the opportunity to align themselves with this unique promotion.
Partnering with the 2019 RSL Community Football Club Appeal will fund the delivery of branded playing strips to 100 Community Football Clubs in Victoria, which hold the combined role of promoting the ANZAC message on game day, and then providing a fundraising mechanism for RSL Victoria.
Aside from the prestige of partnering with this RSL promotion, this partnership also provides significant and tangible marketing benefits, through the PR and social media reach of the campaign and associated channels.
• Partner branding on 25 playing strips at each of the 100 (2,500 jumpers) selected Community Football Clubs across Victoria.
• Digital and Print Media Reach: Digital signage activation located across RSL Victoria in venue screens with a reach of over 500,000 eyes/month throughout April activation providing a promotional platform for Partner to leverage.
• Strong Partner brand/demographic alignment with RSL and Community Football Club membership base, reaching young families and RSL branches in Vic.
• Social Media Reach : Campaign messaging can also be distributed via localized RSL Sub-Branch social media pages, as well as via the 100 selected Community Football Clubs registered with the program.
•Ability to run messaging through RSL Victoria’s database, with an EDM reach of 66,000.
•Brand exposure and messaging via the RSL member magazine “MUFTI” in 2018, which is accessible by 170,000 RSL Victorian members and showcasing the Partner brand in the pre-ANZAC Day and post-ANZAC Day edition.
• Additional social media reach of the community clubs and players that engage in the online conversation.
• The benefit of PR outreach via TLA and the RSL, which in 2018 translated into a reach of over 10 million people.
• Collaborate with the RSL on an appropriately themed combined campaign aligning the Partner brand positioning with the RSL.
Full Partnership proposal available on request.